Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Too early to start preschool??

Pre-School Graduation!!!Image via Wikipedia
Sorry I have been M.I.A the last couple days but I am focusing completely on getting my website finished and launched! What a task. This is the second business I will be starting and I have designed and developed my own websites before, but for some reason this one has been more tough then normal. But it will get done and I am looking forward to publishing it!
Anyway, I am writing today about an interesting topic I have now discussed with some moms.  My daughter Stella is 20 months old and I was all excited about pre-school. So, I did lots of research, spoke with lots of moms, and made my decision I would like to send her to the International School of Charlottesville.  My husband is fluent in Spanish, so I thought what a great opportunity for her. She would go a couple days a week, from 830am to 1230pm. So I was all set, sent my deposit in and then I started thinking........ Is she to young? Am I getting caught up in the idea and not thinking about Stella?? Will it be to much? She is not two until November and the program likes to have two and a half year old. So now I am torn on what to do.
At the pool this morning I decided I would strike up some conversations to see other moms opinions.  I have to say they were all so nice and very willing to discuss what they had done with their children. The general census, drum roll please.......was to hold them back.  I was honestly shocked!  Some had regretted putting them in early, others never thought about it and waited until they were three or four years of age.  So, now I have a decision to make.  The one thing I have learned from all this is every child is different and I think I am going to follow my gut, whatever that might be.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Definitely just follow your gut.. you said it.. every child is different. You know her best! :)

    ReplyDelete