Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fabulous time at Restaurant Week Charlottesville!

If you did not know, this week is Restaurant Week in Charlottesville. They have the same thing in many cities, we use to love going in Miami. It is a great way to try some new restaurants. I do not recommend going to restaurants you normally go to, try something new! My husband and I decided to try Ten.  I have always wanted to try Ten but my husband is allergic to shellfish so we usually choose somewhere else.  He was a great sport and was excited to check it out.
 I started off with the Ten martini and I would recommend it to anyone that enjoys martinis. It has sake, ciroc vodka, aloe juice, and japenese momokachan. Such a good mix and not sweet. My husband had a Sapporo beer.
Now the great thing about restaurant week is that it offers a 3 course dinner for $26. $1 is donated to PB&J fund. Another thing that attracted me to Ten's menu was that there was no dessert, so you really get a good sample of their cuisine. I started with the Cha Soba and my husband had the Ten salad. For a second course I tried the Tiger roll. The restaurant was so accommodating to my husbands allergies and made him a special sampling of vegetable rolls that were off menu. They were fantastic! As the third course came we both were so full. My husband had ordered the lamb chops, which he ate for lunch today and said they were very tender.  I chose the Tuna steak which was cooked perfectly and was nice and light. It was a great night and I highly recommend it.
 All the menus and restaurants are located at cvilleyum.com.  Remember, if you need any help choosing or making reservations please let me know. I also can organize a babysitter, as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment