Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Delicious Peanut Butter Pretzels!

So, on Sunday, my husband and I decided to take a drive to Blue Mountain Brewery for some lunch and an ice cold beer. After our very delicious meal we decided on the way home to stop at Greenwood Gourmet Grocery to get some stuff for dinner and check out there fabulous wines. Well, as I was searching around all their shelves, that are filled with  interesting and delightful foods, I came upon peanut butter pretzels. Now, I must tell you I have a love/hate relationship with peanut butter. I absolutely love it but my hips and thighs hate it! There is something about the nutty, smooth, and creamy taste that always hits the spot.  Peanut butter to me is like ice cream to most people. On a cold night, I can whip out a spoon and some peanut butter goodness, lounge on the couch, and watch a romantic but funny chick flick.

Oh my, I am getting off topic! See what it does to me.  So, I found these pretzels. They were not the traditional pretzels filled with peanut butter. But, these bite size pretzels were dipped in peanut butter and then laid flat to dry. The bag had about 15 of these eye catching treats inside it and I could not wait until I got home to try one.  As soon as we got in the car I opened them up and YUM! Perfect balance of salty and sweet. I have to say I am happy that Greenwood Grocery is all the way in Crozet, otherwise my hips and thighs would be very upset!

Lastly, if you have not been, a trip to Greenwood Gourmet Grocery is a must! They have a large selection of wine and beer. Also, fantastic sandwiches, homemade salads, desserts, and local vegetables. Plus, a great assortment of chips and treats. And if that was not enough, they have a garden store as well with some really great finds!


I always stop there before Polo at King Family Vineyards! Just and idea

No comments:

Post a Comment